2/20/11

Why Lady Gaga hearts Maria Aragon's version of Born This Way



"Every once in a while - whether people believe it or not, I have a very bad day..When I saw you singing Born This Way, I was so overjoyed I began to cry...This industry is very difficult for women sometimes and they want to tear us down and tear us apart.

I worked on Born This Way for so long and I knew that the world would rip it to shreds when it came out. But when I saw you. So young and so beautiful singing those words so purely it reminded me of why I wrote the song in the first place and it reminded me of why I make music. Thank you so much for reminding me of why I am so passionate about what I do. Never give up on your dreams Maria."


When American Idol judges say "You made the song your own" I did not understand what they meant. All I knew was that I loved the contestant's rendition of it and want to hear their version of it again and again and again.

Now I get it.

The first time I heard Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way, I did not latch onto the lyrics or the music no thanks to its distracting & noisy dance beats. I couldn't even remember its tune.

But when Lady Gaga herself tweeted Maria Aragon's version of the song - apparently, the link was sent to her by one of her best gay friends Perez Hilton - I forgot that it was a Lady Gaga song and heard it as if for the first time and couldn't help but feel Maria's version is the way the song is meant to be sung.

I wonder if the 7 million viewers who watched Maria Aragon's cover wished they were born to sing a song that way, because I so sincerely do.



p.s. seriousness upfront, the lady who is holding the camera upper right hand side of the screen needs to have her thyroid checked

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

 

Total Pageviews

Search

Resources

Site Info

CheezMiss Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template